"Prochainement la très illustre Compagnie du Chat Noir avec ses Pièces d'ombres célebres, ses poétes ses compositeurs. Avec Rodolphe Salis."
Soon the illustrious Black Cat Company with its famous parts shadows, its poets its composers. With Rodolphe Salis.
Le Chat Noir was a nineteenth-century entertainment establishment, in the bohemian Montmartre district of Paris. It opened on 18 November 1881 at 84 Boulevard Rochechouart by Rodolphe Salis, and closed in 1897 not long after Salis' death (much to the disappointment of Picasso and others who looked for it when they came to Paris for the Exposition in 1900).